BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
Engineering Consulting Professional - I
Fiber inventory database specialist.
Compiles and computes data from a wide variety of sources, the majority of which are of a complex or technical nature.
Conducts investigation on moderately complex issues under limited supervision; prepares reports and recommendations for professional and/or managerial staff action.
Drafts and edits for review correspondence which is moderately complex technical, and confidential in nature, including correspondence developed on issues under investigation. Minimum A.A.S. degree. Well organized in application of engineering Microsoft Office Suite. 1 to 5 years of experience.
FIM/3GIS database analyst
• Follows standard organizational practices and guidelines.
• Conduct Research to locate and obtain existing databases.
• Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
• Design and update database, applying additional knowledge of spatial feature representations.
• Move, copy, delete, and add files, drawings, and maps to output reports in hard copy or electronic transfer.
• Convert electronic files to PDF and upload to File Management Database.
• Enter fiber or facility data into Verizon FIM system from other Verizon systems or from paper based records
• Update Verizon systems with scheduled and actual completion dates of assignments for projects
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
• General Computer Skills - Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio) Google Earth and Adobe Pro.
• Ability to read and interpret underground and aerial telecom facilities records on maps and fielding notes.
• Experience with AutoCAD or Microstation.
• Analytical Skills - The ability to solve problems using the GIS suite of tools.
• Research various websites for GIS data applicable to each project.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail and make sound decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to learn FIM and other suite of Verizon tools
• Strong Verbal and Written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or in the field with limited supervision while in the field.
Best to use bullet points and same basic format as the previous section.
This section would describe the "perfect candidate". These skills are not required to perform the role, but would be helpful and in some cases could supersede a missing "must have" skill.
• Requires High school degree and 2+years job-related experience or degree in related field. A combination of education and applicable work experience will be strongly considered . REQUIRED
Please indicate whether this position is standard 9-5, if weekend work is required, if the person need to be "on call" at any time, etc.
Verizon Job Title: Verizon Job Title
Time Reporter Type: Time Reporter Type Webtime Project (Pre-approval required)
Is the Candidate Pre-Identified?: Is the Candidate Pre-Identified?
Does this position require driving on behalf of Verizon?: Does this position require driving on behalf of Verizon? No
BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other category protected by
law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which
the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions
of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.